Friday, March 15, 2013

Another Aixtrordinary Journey Begins

As I read through that last entry, my heart sighs. Even now, almost 2 years later, the emotion is still there. I still miss France every day. My heart is still there. But it is also here. It's hard to live like this, but now we know no other way. Trying to find the very best in each world. It is bittersweet. But now the sweet is stronger, and that's a very good thing. And there is good news... It looks like this summer will hold another adventure for our family. We are returning to France! Not permanently, but for a few sweet weeks this July. We'll be heading over to help with iccp's wonderful summer camp, and couldn't be more thrilled. To make things even MORE exciting, we'll be bringing 2 teams to serve with. One team comes from Baltimore-we've known the leaders for several years now, first meeting them when they served our organization in Hungary. The second team is from here in Austin. I can't even explain how amazing it will be to get to show friends and supporters where our hearts are. There are many, many details to work out, but things are moving along, and momentum is building. Part of me still can't believe this is happening, but it really is, and I am so thankful. So I thought I'd start writing a little here and there. Just thoughts about going back, being there, and returning to Austin. About how the girls feel -if they miss it as much as we think they do, or if they've moved on. I hope you'll join us on this journey...it's sure to be "aixcellent"!

No comments: