Thursday, March 14, 2013

5 Days

July 14, 2011 My house is empty. The rooms echo with the sounds of laughter and crying. We have a few things sparsely sprinkled throughout, but for the most part, it is just a shell.
I'm not an overly sentimental person-I've been known to forget wedding anniversaries (my own) and birthdays, and i don't keep a lot of knick-knacky trinkets around to remind me of things. But my emotions seem to be getting the better of me right now.
One day last week, as I was cooking breakfast for a house guest, I started to weep.
I was reminded of all the people who have been through our home in the last several years-all the dinners, birthday celebrations, sleepovers, BBQ's, going away parties, etc.
And this is what started the landslide.
The things I own...I can do without.
The people...not so much.
I'm scared to move. I don't want to leave the precious friends I have made here. I don't want to start over. Again.

No comments: