Friday, November 02, 2007

I haven't been blogging much lately. In reading other people's blogs, I have found myself seriously wishing I had more writing abilities. I never claimed to have any writing talent, I just wanted to start this thing to keep a few people in our lives updated on what's going on in France. I have a lot of stories to tell, but I get so wrapped up in wanting them to come across funny, or serious, or smart, that I just get frustrated and don't write them down at all. We've had so much going on here lately, and I know I'm already forgetting a lot of stuff. I am really going to attempt to get more of this stuff down. For starters, Julie and I hosted a Fall Kid's Night out on the 30th-we had games, pinatas, pizza, movie and of course, LOADS of candy. We all had a really great time, and we had some new kids come that are not involved in [iccp] at all! Yay!!! We have also begun a new couples Bible study, and I am doing a small group with the women on our team. I continue to be busier than I want to be, which is really hard. For some reason, I am just not able to find a good balance between being a wife/mom and a church planter. Our apartment is still moldy, and we don't have the use of Lexi's room or our bathroom. The good news is that the wall is drying out because they finally figured out where the leak is, so that is encouraging!

The girls are doing so well at school, and I am constantly amazed at how their language has progressed. This year is just so much better and I am so thankful for that. Even though we are still dealing with some lonliness and homesickness stuff, we are seeing the girls settle in and form some good friendships.

More good news-My brother and sister in law and their 3 kids are moving to Brussels in January. It will be great to have them closer (sorry mom!!!) and a good excuse for us to finally visit Belgium! Also, for all our friends in Austin, we are coming back for furlough this summer, and we are really looking forward to connecting with all of you again.

I will try and post some pictures soon! The girls are growing like weeds and changing a lot. I can't believe my baby will be 10 in a few weeks.

1 comment:

deanna said...

We must share some of the same, intimidating blogging friends! LOL

Glad to hear all your news, wishing I could help out with a lot of it. The kid's night out sounds like it was great fun!!

Miss you all!