Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here we go again











Ijust realized, AGAIN, that it's been a while since I posted. Writing does not come naturally for me, and each time I sit down to try and compose my thoughts, I just kindof blank out.



But...so much has been going on, that I thought I'd give it another try.



The children and I spent 3 weeks in Austin this summer. I've been really burnt-out and tired this last year, and just needed some quiet time with my parents to just relax. It ended up being much busier than I expected, but it was a really good time. I got to reconnect with a few old friends from HS that I hadn't seen in 15-20 years, and that was a highlight of the trip for sure.



I live very much in the present, and have never been good about maintaining relationships once I move from someplace. This trip made me realize how important those past relationships are-after all, they helped make me into the person I am today. It was so special to get to spend time with Emily, Mary and Josephine, and I look forward to rebuilding those sweet friendships. I also got to spend a lot of time with my dear, dear friend Julie. It really was just what I needed <3






Once we got back to France, things got even busier. Back to school preparations, getting back into the kitchen, and catching up with sweet friends here has filled my time in August. And for the first summer in the four years we've lived here, we started going to the beach! It's been blissful! We have an amazing little town called Bandol that is 50 minutes from us, and it has a lovely sandy beach. We also enjoy going to Cassis, which is about 40 minutes away. Teal and I aslo got to get away for a night for our anniversay to Ile de Bendor. Such a treat!




Another exciting thing that has happened lately is that I got to be in a video. The son of an aquiantance of ours was shooting a pitch video for a reality show set in Provence, and we got to be part of it. It was sooooo fun! The most amazing part was getting to do a cooking piece with an amazing chef in a professional kitchen. I learned some cool things in the market as we were shopping for food, and then got a couple of great recipes in the kitchen. If you know me, you know I LOVE TO COOK. So beyond the TV thing, this was just a fabulous experience. Really a once in a lifetime deal. And I have to admit-2 nights in a row I've had dreams about hosting a cooking show on television. ;)




And Teal got a sandwich named after him at La Goulette.




Well, that's it in a nutshell! xoxoxoxoxo


sooo...i don't know why the pictures come out so crazy when i put them on here-they are supposed to be at the bottom :( I'm such a technology dork.






















No comments: