Saturday, May 12, 2007



Yes, you are seeing correctly...we took the girls to McDonalds for breakfast for Lexi's birthday. You knew it had to happen eventually.


I didn't realize how long it's been since I've posted. Life has been moving at the speed of France-which is often hectic, but can be quite leisurely at times, too. We have had glorious weather, and we've been making the most of it. When our European Director Paul Morris was here with his sweet family, we took a hike into the calanques at Cassis, we've been to the Zoo, and the kids have even been swimming at the Joneses! Teal and Olivia did an amazing ropes course, and we got to spend 4 days at a castle at a church planting conference. ICCP had an awesome baptism which you can read about here http://www.kerriinfrance.blogspot.com/. Teal went to Den Haag for 4 days to a fundraising seminar, learned some great stuff, and had a great time with Darrin, Adam and Pat!


Teal and I are finished with school for this year, and you'd think it would be a cause worth celebrating. I finished the year, though, with a great sense of disappointment in myself. I still can't speak any French, and I don't know quite why. I understand a lot, but as I can't conjugate a verb to save my life, I am not progressing. We will continue with a tutor this summer and all next year, and maybe that will help. The girls are doing well enough in school, but Olivia is still having a very hard time with homesickness. She misses her friends desperately, and longs to go home. It is very hard as a parent to watch her struggle with this and know there is nothing I can do. I just hope that God will use this to strengthen her in the years to come. I am going to spend my day cleaning, and tonight we have a babysitter (actually 2! Adam and Tasha are coming over to hang with the girls-yippeeee!!) and are going out to dinner with a neat couple from our church. We have been trying to get together with them since February, and it's finally happening. Yay!

No comments: