Saturday, March 31, 2007

Well I never did find out what the protest was about the other day, except it had to do with something medical. If I knew how to put video on here, Teal took some on his cell phone. Maybe I'll get to learning that in my spare time (next year?).

I have been sick the last 4 days, and am finally feeling better-lots of people are down with coughs, fever, etc. We have been getting ready all week for our big Easter Egg Hunt and Family picnic today, only we made the decision yesterday to cancel it. It has been cold and raining all week-I actually walked to pick up the girls to school (no umbrella or raingear cause it was gorgeous when I left the house!) and it hailed on me the whole way. I was soaked and freezing, but we got some good puddle jumping in on the way home. Anyway, after checking 4 different weather sites yesterday, Julie and I decided to cancel the stuff today, which was really hard because the kids have really been looking forward to it. I have a couple of friends who sent over boxes of plastic eggs (which you cannot get here) and candy, and my kids have been drooling over it for days. So I get up this morning expecting to see gray and rain, and lo and behold at 6:30 there was a glorious sunrise! Arghhhh.....but by 10 it was raining, windy and cold. Yipeee!!! we didn't cancel in vain. Next week is supposed to be beautiful-sunny and warm just about every day, so we are doing it next saturday.

No comments: